Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ferrari 458 Italia



About The Build

Manufacturer:
Revell

Scale: 1/24

Subject: Ferrari 458 Italia

Kit Number: 85-4912

Date Built: October 2011

Modifications:
  • Detail Master carpet material
  • SMS Plain Weave CF decals
  • Midwest brass mesh for vent grilles
Revell's 458 Italia has to be the most amazing new Ferrari kit I've seen since Tamiya released it's Enzo in 2003. Every part is molded cleanly and fits exactly where it's supposed to making for a very enjoyable build. On top of this the detail is astounding down to a tiny chrome prancing horse for the nose and a headliner insert for the interior which is first in any kit I've seen. The only issues I had are the same issues universal to all Revell of Germany Ferrari's which were tail lights molded in clear instead of transparent red and the wheels which unrealistically trap the brakes between the two wheel halves, an easy enough problem to fix with a pin vise, hobby knife, and brass rod. I modeled my 458 as a black body on a dual tone black/tan interior after one I had seen on the Ferrari of Beverly Hills website and this came out looking much better than my first plan electric green over black scheme. I enjoyed this kit so much I purchased a few more intending to build a fleet in different colors and possibly convert one to a 458 Challenge version.

Buildup



Click thumbnails to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment