Thursday, January 20, 2011

2007 Corvette Coupe



About The Build


Manufacturer:
  Revell

Scale:  1/24

Subject:  2007 Corvette Coupe (Based on 2005 coupe kit)

Kit Number: 85-2840

Date Built: December 2007

Modifications:

  • Detail Master Carpet
  • Steering wheel from Revell 2006 Corvette ZO6
Take my word for it when I say I have ALOT of 6th generation Corvette kits stashed away. After seeing a picture in a magazine showing the new Atomic Orange body color for 2007 I had to build one of them in it. The basic model is built box stock, however to properly represent a 2006 and later model year the kit steering wheel needs to be swapped out for the one that comes in the ZO6 kit. The body is painted Testors one shot lacquer system "Firey Orange which looks close enough to the factory color to me and cleared with several coats of Tamiya TS-13 clear. I toyed with the idea of adding the body colored inserts in the interior, but in the end I left it as a all black vinyl scheme. Note that my engine is slightly incorrect as it still carries the LS2 badge on the intake covers from the 2005 edition, this could easily be fixed by printing your own decals or a steady hand and paint.

Completed Build
Click thumbnails to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment