Thursday, January 20, 2011

1997 Corvette Tuner



About The Build

Manufacturer:
  Revell

Scale:  1/24

Subject:  1997 Corvette

Kit Number: 85-1900

Date Built: October 2011

Modifications:
  • Seats from Revell Ford Focus SVT tuner
  • Wheels and tires from Revell 2006 Corvette ZO6
  • Detail Master 5 point racing harness cam type (DM2261)
  • Brakes from Revell 2005 Corvette Coupe
  • Wing and supports from Revell Corvette C6R
  • SMS carbon fiber decal twill weave (Code 1000)
  • Stripe decals from Revell 2004 Corvette hard top
  • Detail Master black carpet material

I had had Revell's Wheels Of Fire snap kit in my unbuilt kit pile for a long time not knowing what to do with it until I finally settled on using it as a painting experiment. Once I had the effect I wanted on the body I basically winged the rest of the build adding pieces from my junk parts box as I went. This method of building actually made the project incredibly fun since I wasn't restricting myself to historical or factory accuracy, a complete "my way on my time" build.


Buildup


 

Completed Build 
Click thumbnails to enlarge
 

No comments:

Post a Comment